In the past few years, a lot of changes have taken place on the Internet with regards to search engines and how they profile and rank websites.Every year these companies, like Google, have to alter the way they index and prioritize websites in their search results. It used to be that websites that got the most traffic appeared in the top results on Google. This isn’t the case anymore.
So, how have things changed, and how can you compete? How do you get noticed?
As a result of Googles website ranking methods, companies started to cheat by hiring click farms to visit their websites millions of times. So, Google had to change their system. Their new ranking system required links to other websites to improve your ranking, and yes, you guessed it, companies then started hiring click farms to create dummy websites with active links and followers etc. Companies continued to nanipulatw the search engine algorithms, watching their websites climb higher and higher in the search engine results despite having no real audience at all.
But Google again changed the way it ranks search results and now your website won’t appear high in the search results unless it has other high-profile websites linking to it. But the changes don’t end there. In recent months Google has added other requirements that we as website developers can influence honestly:
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) – Search engine friendly content.
- Responsive website design. – If Your Website adapts to multiple devices.
- Faster Loading “lightweight” websites.
- Secure website or SSL declarations. – Is Your Website safe from hackers?
- Active engaged website traffic, such as blogging, shopping and social media.
1. Every website has content. The quality or value of this content, as determined by search engines, is based on how easily the information is accessed and how much information is relevant to the audience. A key new direction this feature is going, is the voice search. People are using their smart phones Voice feature to conduct searches. There is a key difference here in the wording people use when they speak to their phones versus when they type. We understand these differences and we account for them in our programming. It’s all about staying current, and we can help you to do the same.
So it’s our job here at a Logo Monster to program in those key words relating to each page of content. Search Engine Optimization involves several layers of content management including programming in “keywords”.
For example: If someone conducts a Google search for “best local bakery”, and your bakery website isn’t indexed for its location on Google Maps, and isn’t listed as a local bakery business, along with key words associated with your services and your products, then you won’t show up in the search results. It’s our job to tag images with your company name, to embed the address, business type, and identity into the structure of your site, and to make sure the written content of your site has words and phrases associated with the services and products you offer.
2. Websites are no longer just being viewed on computers. Now people view websites on their smart phones, tablets, laptops, monitors and even TVs. It’s important that the content of your website be structured in a way that is easy to read and easy to navigate on each different device. Having to pinch zoom just to read the text or the menu on your website is not going to make people happy. They will get annoyed, and this certainly is not the first impression you want to make when introducing your business to new customers.
This is why we take extra special care in designing the interface of your website to adapt and adjust the content to be incredibly easy to navigate and read (and enjoy) on different sized screens. We aim to provide a positive website experience for all potential customers. We know that this affects your bottom line.
3. An important part of what we do is designing graphics and content that loads quickly and reduces the size of your website bandwidth. Here at Logo Monster, we utilize best practices in good interface design, proper compression, and our keen understanding of website server settings and website software including word press plug-in’s and better CMS (Content Management Systems.
4. Nowadays people do an awful lot of shopping online. If you are going to be running an online business through your website, then you really need to I sure the public that your website is safe and the credit card information they put in to their profile is secure.
Not surprisingly, this is one of the pieces of information that Google searches for to determine how high a ranking your website will take. Websites with out as a cell authentication will not rank as high, and in the future you can expect that sites without as a cell authentication will not be indexed at all.
5. Static content on the website is fine, but if you want to stay active in search engines, you need to have fresh content with current dates.l and active user engagement. Google also looks at the dates associated with content on your website. If you have an active blog on your website such as in WordPress websites (which is what we build), your Search Engine ranking will improve. That’s why we encourage people to build WordPress websites and to actively use the blog features built into them. It helps to engage your audience and show your love and interest for the products and services you sell. A happy passionate seller is a successful one.
So, this is just a little overview, but it gives you an idea of the depth and complexity of what we do. Let us help you build your business online and help it to thrive and grow. Here at Logo Monster we love what we do, and helping other businesses grow makes us happy.